Twice Baked Gruyere & Goats Cheese Souffle
So excited to share one of our Head Chef Jonathan Keary’s stunning recipe’s! Ummmm delicious!
- 110g Butter
- 100g Flour
- 850g Milk
- Chopped Thyme (2 Sprigs)
- 300g Goats Cheese (rind off & crumbed)
- 150g Gruyere (grated) or 90g of good quality Parmesan
- 12 Quality Assured Eggs Whites
- 8 Quality Assured Egg Yolks
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 Figs
- 100g Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp Water
- Grease Souffle Cups with Melted Butter & Refrigerate
- Grease again when cold and return to the fridge
- To make Fig Compote, roughly chop figs and place in a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients
- Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil, reduce heat to simmer and stir occasionally
- Cook for about 20 minutes until the figs break down and resemble a jam
- Remove to storage container and allow to cool
- Melt the Butter in a sauce pan and add the flour, stir to form a roux
- Gradually add the Milk stirring continuously to form a bechamel sauce
- Add the quality assured egg yoks, thyme and finally the Goats Cheese and Gruyere until they are combined fully.
- Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk the quality assured egg whites until light and fluffy and stir 1/3 into the mix
- Fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Place the mix into the buttered souffle cups/moulds
- Cook au bain-marie for approximately 100C for 45 minutes
- After souffle is cooked, have allow to cool slightly before removing from ramekins onto greased tray to fully cool.
- 200ml Cream (lightly whipped)
- 50g Gruyere (or Parmesan) grated
- 500g Rocket Leaves
- 4 Figs Quartered
- Cover the base of your serving dish with the fig compote
- Place Souffle on top
- Spoon over Cream and top with Grated Cheese
- Bake again in the oven at 200C for 10-12 minutes
- Once out of the oven, place quartered figs around the Souffle
- Dress with rocket leaves and your favourite salad dressing – our choice would be a good balsamic
NOTE – Both elements can be made day before and finished on day so ideal for dinner parties!