COVID – 19 Guidelines at Jacks Coastguard Restaurant
We look forward to welcoming our dedicated team and our guests safely back to Jacks Coastguard Restaurant on July 1st 2020.
Our current opening hours are Monday to Sunday (Closed Tuesdays) – Bar Food 2pm to 4.30pm | Dinner 5pm to 10pm | Sunday Lunch 1pm to 4pm.
We would ask during this time please make your dining reservation online or email email@example.com.
Phone reservations will be available after July 1st on +353 66 976 9102.
Our Response to COVID-19
Caring for our guests and employees has always been our priority and we are committed to bringing the highest level of safety for both our staff and our customers. While we consistently maintain high standards of hygiene but we have implemented additional measures in response to the Coronavirus (Covid-19). These measures are in place to mitigate any potential risks and follow the recommended guidelines from the HSE and are under ongoing review.
PLEASE NOTE: If you or one of your party does not feel well, please do not enter Jacks Coastguard Restaurant. If you have traveled abroad or have entered the country in the last 14 days and have not completed Self-Isolation we would ask that you do not enter Jacks Coastguard Restaurant. in the interest of staff and customer safety.
Jacks Team Responsibility
- Comprehensive employee communications policy to ensure reliable, up-to-date information is communicated to employees and to clarify procedures and policies around mitigating the risks associated with Covid-19
- Team Members will maintain social distancing guidelines with both guests and other team members at all times
- Team members will ensure highest level of hygiene at all times, washing hands frequently throughout the day
- Team members will disclose any illness or possibility of inability to work due to illness regardless of how mild symptoms may be.
- Posters in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Additional disinfecting and sanitation of public areas and common touch points e.g door handles, counters, tables etc
- Providing Sanitiser Stations throughout the buildings
- Extra Staff have been rostered to ensure regular sanitising of these areas.
- Our internal communications platforms are ensuring efficient flow of protocols and updates
- We have circulated HSE & WHO guidelines on personal hygiene and travel arrangements to all employees.
- Hand sanitiser will be available in various points throughout the property
- Management team will check all public areas every 30 minutes
- All public areas will be deep cleaned on a daily basis
- All door handles & handrails will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
- All linen & towels will be washed with additional bacterial cleaning agents
- All public areas will be routinely (at regular intervals) be sprayed with sanitiser
Self Catering Accommodation & Cleaning
- Guest bedrooms, living area and bathrooms will be deep cleaned on departure of each guest.
- Windows will be opened to allow for airing of the accomoation.
- We have implemented full procedures for sanitising rooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
- Door handles & doors will be washed with bleach and cleaning agents daily
- All linen and towels will be washed with additional bacterial cleaning agents
- Bedrooms will be sprayed with sanitiser after cleaning
Food & Beverage Service
- Dining will available via Table Service ONLY. Pre Booking is essential as table numbers will be limited due to social distancing guidelines.
- Entry to Jacks via the Restaurant Glass Side Door only for restaurant guests.
- On entry to the property, please wait at the door to be seated by a member of staff.
- All patrons including children must remain seated at all times unless using the toilet, paying or exiting.
- We cannot guarantee specific tables if requested.
- Walk in’s are welcome however we cannot guarantee table availability on arrival, you may expect delays being seated. If possible, please Pre-Book. A main contact and phone number is required to facilitate contact tracing. The responsibility of this key contact is to keep a contact log of the members of the group.
- Tables will be distanced from each other adhering to Government guidelines.
- Beverages are permitted to be served ( including beverages with alcohol ) with the consumption of food.
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing of tables throughout the day and after each use.
- All guests are asked to adhere HSE guidelines and maintain social distance from staff and other guests at all times.
- Posters will be on display in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Please use Contactless Payment where possible. Card machines will be sanitised after every use.
- Your booking details such as name and contact number will be stored for a maximum of 6 weeks in order to facilitate Contact Tracing.
- Guests are required to inform a staff member, if feeling unwell at any stage throughout their stay meal or if a temperature is present or develops.
Jack’s Coastguard Restaurant has a full list of protocols in place should a colleague or guest become ill. These guidelines do not constitute legal advice and are purely for guidance only.
For more information on COVID-19 Guidelines go to https://www2.hse.ie/coronavirus/