Making your own wedding centerpieces is a great way to save money but more importantly allows you to put your personality into the decor of your special day. Here’s How-To-Make your own beautiful burlap centerpiece and the best part about it is, it’s super easy to make and doesn’t cost a fortune!
What you need:
- Tin Cans
- Hot Glue Gun or Super Glue
- Cream/White Spray Paint – any good Hardware store
- Burlap Ribbon with Lace – There is a great range from The Favour Lane
- Start with clean dry cans – Tip: I run mine through the dishwasher.
- Lay the dry cans on newspaper and give them a light spray paint with whatever colour you choose. I went with a gloss white.
- Lay your fabric out. Use the can size as your guide. Cut to the length needed, I cut mine with a little excess to flip over the top
- Lay your fabric out and place the can on it. Align fabric in the middle. Run a line of glue around the middle of the can. Apply gentle pressure and press your fabric onto the glue strip. Wrap fabric around can. Apply another bead of glue and voila! You’ve just made your first Burlap Tin Can Vase
That wasn’t so bad now was it!
To finish your centerpiece simply add some wood, wine and beer bottle candle holders, some wild flowers and Ivy!
1 Large Can of Spray Paint (Less than €15) & 2 x 5M rolls of Burlap Ribbon (€9.99 each) will get you to about 40 cans.
Take a look at Niamh & Eoghans ‘Outdoors Indoors Party’
Have a look at our wedding page HERE